Monday 31 March 2014

Fanfic - Yelin Chun


  • This is a KMLA adaptation of the Catcher in the Rye, but there's no special part that I wrote about. I just tried to portray the world in Holden's point of view.

    After I had this talk with Mr. Kim saying that I faced expulsion because of those goddamn penalty points, I returned to my self-study time. For Chrissake, that man is not someone to talk with. I mean, how the hell am I supposed to clear my points when he gives me like 10 points for some phony reason like EOP and the dorm parent gives another 10 for leaving hairs in the bathroom? I try to tell him that and he goes like "that's your business", and giving me another 3 for being rude. That killed me.

    As I climbed up the hill to the dorm, I sort of glanced back the blue Korean styled houses named after national heroes. We were supposed to become like them, but this time we had to be "global" heroes or something. I imagined my roomie, Katie becoming a hero. Shit, I could even hear her phony humming even now. She seriously sang after every song or tune she knew, even the bells that tell you to go to sleep or something. I bet when she becomes the president maybe and makes a speech, she would sing it. Then she would crack that phony sort of laugh of hers, and pretend to care about you and all except all she cares about is her lousy grades and points.

    Anyways, I took the elevator going up to the 6th floor and into my room, 603. Katie wasn't there, but old Fiona was. She was putting on her mascara, which she never have actually mastered. But then she was sorta good-looking and all, which put her on the 'popular' line and all, so I never bothered to tell her that her makeup was phony and all.
    "Hey, Brianna, you back? Wanna have some Buldack?"

    Fiona looked up at me and asked, pointing to one of the Rameon cups that her fans had given her the last afternoon. I didn't feel like it, though. Especially since it was from her goddam fans. Just some months ago, we used to suck up all those gifts from the boys, but not now, cause I don't like her anymore.

    " I don't feel like it right now. " She barely even listened; she was chatting on Facebook. God, if she wouldn't even listen why would she ask? I hated her, for everything.
    So I just climed up the ladder to my bed ignoring that phony rule that says that you have to stick to your desk during self study time and all, and thought about getting expelled from this helluva school. All of a sudden, I fell asleep, and I sorta felt myself falling asleep.
    I was this catcher, standing tall and straight in the vast plains of the rye, free to be a hero in my life, not a hero of someone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?