Monday 30 March 2015

The Catcher in the Rye Adaptation By 20th Waver Yoonsoo Park

The Catcher in the Rye Adaptation
By 20th Waver Yoonsoo Park

Intro: Mixed aspects of KMLA into Pencey based on last part of Chapter 7.

______________________________


           The sound of the morning alarm song penetrated my ears as I opened my drowsy eyes. I felt more sleepy than usual, since I slept at 4:00 am last night. It was because of my essay which is due today. I wanted to sleep more, but I had to go to morning exercise. So I splashed some cold water on my face and got dressed. This school doesn't give students time for rest. Life in Pencey is an endless parade of quizzes and assignments, including our every-day-morning exercise. But there are some phony bastards called "Geon-ne-mi"s, who get all their work done. My roommate is one of them. All he does is studying, and he refuses to talk with me. He thinks that it's a waste of time. Well I don't care, because I don't want to talk with him either. But the part that I can't stand is that he never washes. Once he was horsing around our room, and I saw lice dropping from his hair. It drove me damn crazy. But he isn't the only phony guy in Pencey. This pretentious school is full of phoniness.

           Today, I heard from my advisor that I failed in every single subject so I got a warning. I didn't really care. But it was unfair, because the teachers don't teach us anything. They are a bunch of phonies who just sit there, doing nothing. The students are the ones who make presentations and teach their classmates. The teachers say that it's because they want us to participate, but I know it's because they're goddam lazy. All they care about is dough, and it's annoying.


           Anyway, I sat on my desk, thinking of what to do next. I got a warning, and one more of that means that I'm getting expelled. I didn't want to get expelled, but more than that, I didn't want to stay in this school. And I was pretty sure that I was going to get another warning next semester. Then the answer came to my mind. I decided to leave this phony school and the phony bastards. I got my bag and stuffed my things in there, preparing to leave. Even though my roommate didn't like me, I hoped he would at least say "good bye". But that bastard didn't even glance at me, so I just left. It was freezing cold outside, and I had no idea where to go. But I just walked and walked, because anywhere would be better than here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?