Monday 23 March 2015

By 19th Waver Jaeyeon Woo (aka Wendy, aka Sarah)

KMLA- adapted.

Adaptation of Catcher in the Rye by Jaeyeon Woo


I woke up early, earlier than usual, so I just came down from my bed and sat on my chair for a while, checking out for the weather outside. It was foggy oh or maybe it was snowing. I thought it was pretty, though I didn’t feel like going outside to enjoy that damn weather. Then I looked at the clock. It was 6:10. I thought I could sleep for about five minutes or more, but, oddly enough, I couldn’t. I stared at the wall, absent-minded. Then all of a sudden, that roommate’s screeching alarm irritated me and my thoughts blew up in a sec. Few minutes later I found myself heading for gymnasium to have goddam morning exercise or something.
            
             The morning exercise started with citing that school motto stuff and goal of English Only Policy as usual. For chrissake, I still cannot understand why we should recite them day by day. I don’t even understand how doing kendo for morning exercise and reciting all those phonies are related. Then in a high-pitched voice, Mr. Kim yelled at us to go out and run with bare feet. And he added that we should not complain since this is a long tradition or something. What logic in the world can make this possible? Bare feet on snow? In school? Damn. Anyways, I ran. While running, I imagined myself freezing to death. Just like how all those mountain climbers suffer from Everest and all. On the way back to dormitory, I realized that today was Monday and this meant that we have goddam 애국조회 in an hour or so.
            
*            *            *

             I stepped into the gymnasium since 애국조회 will start in a minute. You never saw so many phonies in all your life during 애국조회. Some people talk about their lousy grades by showing off how sharp they were. Some people gossip about senior’s love affairs and stuff which seemed totally meaningless. Most people do not concentrate at what that teachers are saying. I was looking at the damn floor counting the brown squares, which seemed more useful than listening to the phony speeches made by the teachers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?