Monday 30 March 2015

Catcher in the Rye Adaptation by 20th Waver Hee, Choi

Catcher in the Rye.
20th Waver Hee, Choi

Intro: About KMLA.

           If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I am right now. I myself don't know why I am here, in this damn place where everything is full of phonies and inefficiency. The thing I'm really curious about is the reason why I made up my mind to come to this hell and plan to spend my whole 3 years in here. Maybe I was a phony myself, without knowing how inefficient and dull this place is.

           The first thing that I encountered when I first came here was the hanbok. Real hanboks are cool, actually. They look terrific with those vivid colors. But the thing that I am wearing here is too dark and old-fashioned that it makes kids look like a bunch of old North Korean defectors or something. That so called 'school uniform' can express every type of inefficiency that you can wear. It gets freshmen mad whenever they tie the funny ribbon and it took me 10 minutes to tie that phony thing on the first day. Plus, it is too long, that you need to grab the crumby thing real tight whenever you need to go up the stairs. The worst thing happens when the phony teachers make you wear that in the National Memorial Center or whatever. That place is phony as well, and it is full of that damn stairs, so I had to keep myself from saying 'sh**" whenever I tripped on it and fell over.

           But maybe the most irritating thing is that this place is horribly large and is full of slopes for Chrissake. It takes more than 7 minutes to walk from the dormitory to the gym, and takes 5 minutes to the English classroom. Moreover those slopes drive me crazy because I get exhausted after climbing them. And I'm quite sure that kids are pretty busy here, and walking without doing anything is a huge waste of time. That's why many of them listen to music with earphones while walking, but the old Headmaster banned it for some stupid reason. He says that earphones detach kids from society or something. That surely doesn't make any sense. But anyway, that's how I live in this damn place. I really want to go home before I become a phony person myself, but that will not happen till I graduate. Of course some parts of this school are fun but I get to forget about them after climbing the slopes with those stupid outfits on.










No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?