Monday 14 October 2013

By Sung Woo Bae



R.Catcher in the Rye

This is an adaptation from chapter 7. It’s when Holden fights with Stradlater and goes to Ackley’s room to have a talk with him. This remake transforms Holden into a R. Fiend.

A tiny bit of light came through the creak in the door from the hallway, and I could see him lying in bed. I knew damn well he was wide awake. “Y’awake Sam?”
“Yeah.”
It was pretty dark and I kicked somebody’s baggage trunk and damn near broke my toe.
“Damn, it hurts!”
I massaged my throbbing toes while hopping on one foot.
“What the hellya doing here Ken?”
Sam sort of sat up in his bed and looked down at me from his second story bed. Even in the darkness, I could see well that he was pissed off and looked damn tired.
“You wanna eat some ramyun Sam? I mean if you have some and some for me too.”
He was a ramyun fiend and always had boxes stacked in his closet.
“Ramyun? For Crhissake do you know what time it is, by any chance?”
“It isn’t too late, only around two, two-thirty.”
“Only two thirty!” Sam said. “Listen I gotta get up for kendo tomorrow, for christsake. And isn’t it way passed curfew? You’re gonna get me into damn court and special training!”
“Calm down Sam. I won’t get caught, never been.”
Sam always became a prick when it came to penalty points and court. He didn’t even have lots of points, boy I couldn’t understand him. It was as if he had a thing to keep his penalty record slate absolutely clean. He sure was a damn prince about it.

Anyways after my toes been calmed, I sat on Sam’s chair. Sam had one of the most expensive chairs in the whole school. His parents were those who thought that his son needed to be in the best condition and posture to study, and bought this overly expensive chair. But I got to say, it was damn comfortable.
“Well if you aren’t feeling for some ramyun, then can I cook some with Ted’s hotpot? It’s not like he’s gonna care right?” I knew damn he wouldn’t care. Ted wasn’t the hygienic guy and I bet he wouldn’t even notice I used it even if I didn’t wash the post afterwards.
“Well I dunno, I’m not responsible if he gets pissed Ken. And would’ya get the damn out if with my ramyun? I wanna sleep you know.”
“Ok Ok Sam kid, I’ll leave”

In a dorm school isolated in the mountains, ramyuns were diamonds.
I quickly walked out with some diamonds in my arms.
“It never fails heh heh.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?