Monday 14 October 2013

Adaptation by Sehee Jung





This adaptation is based on chapter 22 when Holden returns to Phoebe’s room and eventually gets her to listen. He tries to explain why he fails his classes and tells her all the things he hates about school. She responds by accusing him of hating everything. He tries to refute her claim, and she challenges him to name one thing he likes. And Holden starts saying what he actually did like.

It was the second mandatory studying time of Friday. No homework to do for tomorrow, no quiz to prepare for tomorrow, and no more morning exercise. With refreshing minds feeling comfortable, my roommates, Jiwon B, Jinju, my friends and I all gathered in my room and started enjoying our Friday night by feeling joy of having no morning exercise tomorrow. It meant we could wake up at 8 o’clock not 6:17. The talk went on to complain about morning exercise.
Morning exercise is useless and it just made us physically and mentally tired. Morning exercise’s main purpose was to strengthen our physical strength but the reality was it just made us sleep during classes. It is phony. Jiwon B, Danbi, and I took Taekwondo and Jinju, Meekang, and Euna took Kendo. We complained about how Taekwondo is tiresome with frogs jumping up and down on the basement of the gym. Kendo kids wined how Mr. Kim could be so childish ilke an elementary kid enjoying teasing the students. Few days ago, they were doing KMS exercise and Mr. Kim told them to do 50 sit-ups. They thought it was the end. But he started saying 40, 30, 20, 10, and went up the number again to 40. Our conversation reached a conclusion that morning exercise is phony.
But the day after, there were Kangsan and Hyeonjin who actually loved morning exercise. They tried to explain how morning exercise makes us refreshing and healthy. I started to get brainwashed by those people around me who praised morning exercise. I felt that morning exercise actually may have made me stronger and healthier. And it also made me wake up early in the morning which I could never imagine when I was in middle school. I used to wake up at 8:15 while the school was starting at 8:30. That night, our room gathered up again and ironically started saying about the bright sides of the morning exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?