Monday 4 April 2016

“Epic Phoniness” by 19 김인하


19 김인하 “Epic Phoniness”

           I felt like a lousy senior who felt like becoming a phony these days. Of course, I’ve seen phonies my whole time in this goddam school that is so remote that it takes an hour to call an ambulance to get to this place. I suppose I’ve been overly sensitive these days but I sense a bit more phoniness lurking upon everyone. The morning assembly is as phony as nothing in this world where people just recite whatever they have been doing for years just automatically. After that, I have Mr. Zahl’s mathematics class where everyone tries their best to get a point or two more by presenting whatever strangest geometric theorems and they pretend they got the idea for that theorem through hard work and endeavoring. Oh phonies

           Morning exercise became easier than ever. At least we have a brighter start than the freshmen. But that’s it! We already all know how to get out of trouble while doing illegal stuff. The hardest part of taking this is that I am doing phony acts just for the hell of it. I feel like being clouded into the world of grey shadows. I can’t help but to keep on doing this; People that are bold enough to get back for whatever they do suffer, and those that were able to get out of trouble are doing excellent jobs even receiving model student awards. How phony are all these.

           I am looking down on the tiles of gym during the morning assembly. For all those gossip and lousiness the students beside me are talking about. Love affairs, grades, and etc. I don’t even bother to look at who they are talking about because they are all meaningless. A teacher came around and told us to look straight at the dais up front. I see the gigantic flag up in the center. Are we becoming patriotic because we salute to the flag every morning or is the flag there because we are patriotic. I only know one thing. Either way we are all part of epic phoniness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?