Monday 1 April 2013

By Yunjo Jung

Before starting, I just want to say this:
I wrote this at 3 A.M. in the morning, so however the story flows, I might not remember what I wrote. Also, just so anybody who's reading this knows, what I write here might sound a bit nonsense.
Here we go.
I'm sitting on my chair. Half lying on my chair, if you ask me. My legs are on the desk, and I'm staring at the laptop screen, not knowing what to write for my English Composition class tomorrow. And I have to get it done quick, 'cuz I really want to sleep right now.
Maybe I should just screw this. I mean, what use is it to write an essay about school life? Isn't sleeping more important than scribbling a few phony words to satisfy the teacher?
But I can't go up there. For mainly two reasons.
One, I'm comfy here. I might as well sleep here and all, my chair's so cozy. I don't want to bother going up to my bed.
Two, my teacher. He's phony as hell, really. If I didn't write anything for tomorrow's class, he'd be nagging at me for that for the rest of my life here in KMLA.
And of course, I wouldn't want that. I can barely stand him nagging at other people these days; no more nagging on me, thank you very much.
Luckily I can stay awake thanks to my roommate who's making funny comments - they're funny to me, although I don't know what he thinks about what he says - about his looks. He's asking me if his new glasses look good on him. And I say, "I don't see anything different, my pal." Hearing that, he sounds disappointed as hell, but what could I say? I can't say, "oh man you look beautiful" and all.
Anyways there's my roommate in front of me, his eyes fixed to his own laptop screen, frantically hitting the keyboard and all. I thought he was doing homework, but -not surprisingly- he was playing games. Something phony called OSU, anybody heard of that? It's like Guitar Hero without the guitar and the singers; you use the keyboard to hit the notes raining down from the top of the screen. Personally I don't understand those people who play that kind of game; what's so fun about using keyboards to play a prescribed melody?
Anyways, my roommate goes up to bed to sleep. He asks me if I could wake him up for morning exercise, but what the hell. I wake up at 6:40 and he's gotta wake up at 6:15. No way in the world I'm providing that kind of charity service. Hell no.
That's what I tell him, and he gets all phony and disappointed, so I give him my alarm clock, the one that could wake up the whole neighborhood if it needed to.
Maybe I was stupid to lend him that clock. It would probably wake everyone up.
But screw it. I'm going to sleep. And I probably won't hear that clanging alarm clock.
My mind....
is....
dozing.....
of....f.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?