Friday 25 May 2012

Apadtaion by Byeong Yun Kim


The Catcher in the Rye
A scene that depicts Holden’s meeting with the prostitute

In a dreadful and crappy room on the outskirts of 이태원, I was walking around in my room waiting for some prostitute to show up. I kept hoping that she wouldn't be some damn old hag who had phony Chanel clothes and cosmetics on. Minutes later, somebody gave a knock on the cranky doors of my room. I opened it and there stood the prostitute.
“How do you do?” I said, trying to sound as damn smooth as I possibly could.
“You the guy that Hentai was talking about?” She said in an unfriendly, demanding voice.
 “Is he the guy who was selling condoms at the lobby?”
“That’s him all right.”
“Yeah, then I’m your guy.”
Then without another word, she walked in and threw her coat onto the bed. I tried to offer her a cigarette but she wouldn't even turn to look at me.
“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Brian Kim.” I said in the most goddamn charming voice I could ever make. But without caring what the hell I was saying, she said,
“Ya got a watch on ya? And how old are ya anyways?”
“Twenty-three,” I replied back.
“The hell ya are,” she said in a sneering voice.
I asked for her age, but she kept saying shit about me having a watch or not. Then she stood up and started taking off her dress. It was a very weird and unusual feeling. It felt even stranger to try to continue on this crappy conversation with her.
 “What’s your name?” I asked, feeling very awkward.
“Look. Shut up with the whole introducing shit and let’s just do this already,” she replied back in a stingy voice.
I was hoping to ask more questions, but felt a bit scared to do so. Suddenly, she came up to me and sat on my lap. She then threw the rest of her clothes on to the bed and started unbuttoning my shirt.
“Listen cutie boy. I haven’t got all night. Stop talking and let’s get going for God’s sake,” she said in an irritated voice.
Somehow, I didn't really feel happy and satisfied by the fact that this prostitute was sitting on my lap and was taking off my shirt. I didn't even feel sexy. So I did what I could to make up the lamest lie I could ever say in my entire life.
“Listen, I don't feel so good right now, so is all right with you if we don’t do it at all? Of course I’ll pay you and all.” I said
“What’sa matter with you, boy?” she said.
“I recently had a surgery and I’m still recuperating.”
“What surgery?”
“On my wuddayacallit, you know.” I replied.
“Why would you then try to do this damn thing if you had surgery there?” she said with a loud voice, still sitting on my lap.
I could see that she was getting more annoyed by the minute, so I took out 10000 won from my pocket and gave it to her.
“Hey, why are you only giving me half?! It’s 20000 won a night idiot!” she blurted out angrily.
“No, from what Hentai said, it was 10000 won a night and 30000 won until the afternoon.” I replied back.
“”What the hell…” she said as she was walking out. As soon as she was out, I shut the goddamn door and condemned myself for doing such a stupid thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?