Tuesday 29 May 2012

Adaptation by Nuri

Intro: This adaptive essay is based on when Holden gets expelled from the school. This scene is ‘my’ last day in the dorm, in KMLA.
I don’t believe it, I just don’t. I mean if you had a schedule like mine in KMLA you should be expelled as well you know. I mean AP European History with AP Literature and on top of that Ms. Rene’s boring AP biology class for God’s sake. How could you expect a student to get straights A’s on a schedule like that? And now the school’s just sending me away because a bit of Ds and okay I admit one F came up on my report card. I don’t believe it, I just don’t.
This would be my third transfer so far. It’s not like I’m ostracized in school or anything. When I came from HAFL to KMLA I did so because I hated the guts of that old principal. I mean he literally forced us to play an instrument for a straight 3 hours every single week. I mean if you have clumsy hands like mine, you’re head just bounds to explode. And before that, well let’s just not talk about before that. Don’t really want to bring up bad memories you know.
Anyways, rather indifferent about my third transfer, I was sitting on my chair in my room; the chair that I’ll soon be giving to my roommate. He still has that wooden chair he’d been using since his sophomore year. I mean I just can’t stand wooden chairs. How can you sit on a wooden chair when there are leather chairs and softer chairs to sit on? I always went up to the cafeteria to study so he didn’t have to see me sitting on my leather chair. Sometimes when I came back after the second self study period, I could see my chair on his side of the room. Don’t really care, it’s his now.
I sat down, looking out the window to see Duckco mountain be covered with a thin layer of fog. But before I could even feel some aesthetic beauty my homate barged in. For God’s sake he can be a real nuisance you know. That Taehoon. Such a limp guy. I mean men should be firm you know. A few hardend muscles here and there, some boldness in his eyes, but Taehoon? You never seen a whiter skinnier whip than him. I’m not saying that he’s a bad guy or anyting. It’s just that he spueakes at you like a white mouse everytime he speaks, not to mention he leaves a trail of trash everywhere he goes.
It was funny that he was in the room at that time. The school was having a speech contest and I was the only one that was supposed to stay in the dormitory – or at least chose to. The others were probably entertaining themselves in the gym. Anyways that Taehoon barged in, this time squeaking about a girl he seemed to like. Again, what a limp; he should just go and talk to her instead of rambling on and on for God’s sake. While he did he kept on fidgding with his Kleenex he had. 

... (to be continued!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?