Friday 30 March 2012

Adaptation by Cho Hyeon Woo


When I got to bus station near rest area, the tickets were all sold-out. Goddamn it. I totally forgot that there was some lousy conference meeting for wannabe KMLAns. There are still tons of phonies want to make their child get the step on school. When I first came to KMLA, there was some faggish looking boy next to me, and his sister was a hot chick. She killed me literally when I tried to lay hand upon her. When the ceremony was over, his mom went on burst of tear just like the old sewage at dasan building. I thought he became the president or just invented facebook. Well anyway, I wasn’t able to take the bus right away so I decided to wait for another bus. The bus station was not that cold. There are snack bar, convenience store, and even mini baseball park. However, after about an hour people started to look at me like dog lost his collar. I was wearing my brown hunting hat, red T-shirt(written Kill Everbody Else) and lousy quiltwork with my phony ex-school mark on it. Well, I should admit that I looked like homelss or communitst, and I was kind of half and half. Being tired of sitting on bench, I grabbed one pretzel with sprite and opened up Giancoli 6th edition. I myself was quite excellent at math, but I couldn’t understand single thing about physics. All the forces, electrons and neutrons were just having squash inside my head. However, I thought it was so cool to have this thick book in front of me. I don’t look like a nerd, it’s more like of “I’m sexy and I know it”. When my head was full of those fantasies, suddenly, I just felt warmth. I could nearly smell the Starbucks coffee with cinnamon, and milkcow eating up haystack. There was a hot chick wearing high – heel boot brushing her hair over her ears. Oh my god. She is a bomb. “Do you go to KMLA?”. Goddamn it. Why didn’t take off the lousy school mark? “Yes I do”. I closed up Giancoli physics and looked it into her eye. “Oh, then do you know Jinsu-kim? He is my younger brother”. Yeap, I surely knew him. He is the captain of the crossover, who likes to show off his muscle. Whenever girls ask me if he has tattoo or big scar, I couldn’t stop myself laughing. Istead, he has freckles all over his body and wear tights even when taking shower. He is a guy who whisper love into chick’s ear, and talks about the size of nipple to roommates. “I have so much worried about him. Is he doing well?”. “Yes, he is doing well. Actually, he is one of the most popular kid in our school. We all just admire him”. “Oh, really?” she went all red at the moment. I feel so good when I mock the innnocent. “Yes, I mean.. I first thought he is a dumb ass, bragging. But it was not long after when I found out it’s such a self defense. He is a sincere, naïve child who cannot even kill a fly”. “Oh, that’s so sweet. My goodness, I haven’t ask your name yet. I should tell him we have met!”. Suddenly, she just hold my hand, soft, tender and warm…What’s your phone number again? Uhm, but I was kicked out of school so this scenario would be dangerous and also sterotypical. So much like D. B. “My name is Junseok Lee. ”, he is my calculus teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Very similar to Sungjin's in many ways, and you seem to have adapted similar pages. I had a clear image in my mind about the hyogaesaw and this kid waiting for the bus. You do a good job of adopting Holden's voice, but in your version he seems more aggressive and even more pompous. What would Holden by like in 2012? Probably a lot like this perhaps. The mention of Starbucks and Facebook and use of metaphor (sewage out of Dasan) is pretty clever. Good work Mr. Cho.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your damn mind?