Monday 13 October 2014

Adaptation by Ju Yeon Lee, 19th Waver

This is adopted from the first part of the book, when Ackley and Holden talks with each other. The thing to focus about is how they think negatively about the world and how they do not care about each other. This is all fictional.

After the having a talk with my advisor teacher, I stepped into my room. For chrissake. He should seriously stop caring about my grades.
                  “I sick of all this. I’m gonna quit,” I said.
                  “Hey, do you have scissors? I need to make another rolling paper, gosh.,” Haewon complained.
                  “It would be in the first shelf of the big drawer. Anyways, do you know what Mr. Sung did to me today?”
                  “Well, I don’t know.” She started to write a senior’s name in pop-art. Jaeeun. The one she always gossips about whenever she comes into the room. She’s a phony. It seems that Jaeeun sunbae likes her a lot. I can’t imagine what she would be like when she knows that my roommate is such a gossiper.
                  “He started to scold me for getting bad grades on the midterm. For chirsssake. Grade is not end of the life.”
                  “Do you think drawing her face in the corner would look good? Oh.. it will probably not. Should I print a picture of her face? What were you saying? Why would do that?”
                  I was so obvious that she was not paying attention to my words. She started to go up to my bed with all the colorpencils and pens.
                  “Why is your bed so messy? I got no place to put down my paper.”
                  “Well, it’s not your bed. Are you going to hear my story or not?”
                  “I will, I will. Just after I finish drawing her face. Okay. Why is Mr. Sung so serious about your grades?”
                  “I don’t know. He told me that with this grade, I would not be able to go to good college and not going to good college will screw my life up.”
                  “Well, it is true that you will go to some unknown college if you get low grades. He is actually caring about you.”
                  “Do you ever agree to what other people tell you? Now get out of my bed,” I crawled up my bed, pushing her out of it. I pulled the blanket over my face. This is the perfect posture to just think. Sudden anger started to boil inside of me. I could not stand a single second in the room. I got up, got out of my bed, put on the school winter coat, and headed out of the dormitory.
Air was chill so I had to put on the hood also. Fallen leaves were everywhere, but I tried not to step on it because they were just so perfect in their places. It was Wednesday, but I decided to go to Sosa. I did not meet anyone walking there. People would know that I’m gone 3 hours later, at Honjung. Or, they would never notice.
I bought the ticket to Seoul. I had just enough money in my pocket for this. I would get to Seoul in 2 hours, but then I wouldn’t be able to do anything without a single penny. I turned around, put the ticket back in my pocket, and headed back to the dorm, emptying my mind and try once more to understand this phony world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your damn mind?